Pordenone and Bussa beach


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia » Pordenone
September 4th 2015
Published: September 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It’s our last day in the Veneto region today and finally the temperatures have dropped into the 20s.

Our morning visit was to Pordenone which is a largish, modern, University town further inland from Portogruaro. We took a shot that we were close to the town centre and parked in a parking building to walk into town. A good choice since it was only two blocks away. Daph managed to find a “Wind” shop to sort out her phone problems (still) and had to buy a plan to allow her to phone out and send texts out. With the money already paid for a SIM card, loading money, registering etc you would have thought enough had already been paid. However, we then found that a one month plan was the best option but now another E40. It’s debatable whether it was the better option or roaming from Spark in NZ would have been the lesser cost.

We then headed back to Portogruaro train station to buy a ticket for Daphne to Geneva where she has someone she knows and can look at a travel Pass for a few days while there before returning to Portogruaro.

The afternoon was
Daph and Linds at Bussa BeachDaph and Linds at Bussa BeachDaph and Linds at Bussa Beach

Warm water, golden sand, a few swimmers - what more could you want in a beach? A few kms along on either side are hoards of shore to sea sunbathers on loungers and under umbrellas. Not a great place for Kiwis.
spent heading for the beach at Bussa which sits between Caorle and Bibione. There isn’t a connecting road along the beach because of lagoons and canals so it is much less populated by the hoards. A wonderful place for some time out. We had been here a few years ago and there was virtually no one. This time there were quite a few bathers but nothing like we’d seen at the towns. The sand is golden, the air warm and the sea just perfect. We stayed in the water for longer than I can remember – especially Linds who is no beach bunny. We had a picnic lunch, swim and relax and figured it was a good afternoon and an excellent way to remember this area before we move on to the mountains tomorrow.



Our day was completed with a meal at Belfiore with Piero and Pierina. Despite our language difficulties we managed to make ourselves understood and had an enjoyable meal with them. They will have a quiet time without us and the departure of the last of the wedding guests. We have had an enjoyable time in the Veneto with our Italian connection and maybe the favour will be returned by us one day. My Italiano has improved immensely although it has a long way to go to becoming conversational. Tomorrow we move on to the mountains for the next two weeks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 19; qc: 64; dbt: 0.1869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb