RAVENNA TO DOZZA


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna
May 30th 2017
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a wonderful day of rest on the Silver Muse. I think we are now readjusted since our trials in Philadelphia.. We rested on deck, Ron and Dennis napped and I got a memorable massage. We had a wonderful thin crust pizza for lunch and a great dinner at LaTerrazza. Last night we went out on our balcony to see Venice at night as we sailed down the Grand Canal. It always impresses me with its beauty. The old lady has not lost any of her charm and beauty.



Today we are going to Dozza from the port of Ravenna. Dozza is a medieval city about 1 hour outside of Ravenna. It lies between Emilio and Romana. Emilio is very flat and agricultural whereas Romana is more hilly and planted mainly with vineyards. We walked through the little town of Dozza which was interesting for the painted walls of the buildings. The cobble stone streets were very narrow. We walked up to the castle which was privately owned until the 1950's when it was turned over to the state.The castle is sparsely furnished but has a beautiful wine cellar that displays and sells the wines of the region. We had a wine tasting there with a white, a Merlot and a Lambrusco. The wines were all good. It was a very nice trip and we arrived back at the ship for a late lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.293s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb