Rimini to Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Rimini
August 2nd 2011
Published: August 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This part of the trip was one of my favourites. Rimini is a party town but full of Germans, a bit like their version of Magaluf or somewhere British young people go. Our hostel called the Jammin party hostel lived up to it's name. When we arrived we went down to the beach and just sat looking out to the sea as this was our first time at a beach resort. That night we decided to go to bed early, the German girls in our room were going out and their male friends were there. A while after they left the boys burst back into the room and demanded that Ally kiss them!!! She didn´t luckily and since then we have tried to stay away from groups of German boys.
The next day we hired sun loungers and just sunbathed all day, it was nice to finally relax. That night we were just going to stay in but decided to first get a cocktail in the hostel bar. The barman was amazing he was from Las Vegas and was very chatty he even proposed to Ally. Just as we were about to go to bed some Spanish uni students asked us if we wanted to go to a bar with them. They were with the Finnish and Canadian people from our room so we decided to go, even though our train was at 8 the next morning. The whole time I spoke spanish to one of them as he didn't speak English. It was really good to practise however I soon realised that my conversational Spanish wasn't very good as we don´t really learn that in school. I managed well enough though I managed to talk about important global issues like global warming which are the main topics I´ve learn about in Spanish.
The club we went to was a rip off but we didn´t realise it until it was too late. It was free to get in but to get out you had to have a special pass which you got when you bought a drink. All drinks cost 10 euros and as it was about 2 am they had stopped serving alcohol so I had to spend 10euros on a red bull, I was not impressed. After getting in at 4am and waking at 7 we managed to get our train to Rome.

In Rome we met up with my friend Alessandro who lives there. We went to a pizza place where you pay for your pizza based on it's weight I thought 5euros worth would be enough for 2 or 3 slices, I got given about 2 pizzas! On the Sunday as it was the last Sunday of the month the Vatican museums were free and the Pope was supposed to address the public but he was on holiday 😞 . We saw the Sistine Chapel and St Peter´s Basilica, I wasn´t that impressed to be honest I´m glad it was free. St Mark's square in Venice was much nicer. In the afternoon we walked down to the see the Spanish steps, the Trevi fountain where I threw in a coin, the Colloseum and the Roman forum, then back to the hostel. We decided to go out for our first restaurant meal, 'When in Rome' and all that.
The next day we met with Alessandro again and looked inside the Colloseum it was definately worth the 12euros. Then he showed us some pretty squares and fountains that we probably wouldn't have seen without him. We had to have an early night as we had to be up at 3.30am the next day for our flight to Barcelona.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb