Rimini


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Rimini
June 22nd 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It turned out we were fortunate to have had to get the 10:30 pm ferry as, by the time we left Igoumenitsa (right on time) the 20:30 Superfast ferry had not yet arrived. The Anek lines ferry was OK. Ashley had to drive the bike down two very steep ramps into the bowels of the boat then back up the ramps to get off. He says it's surprisingly easy if you have confidence. He rode on and off in convoy with a load of bikers and that was good. We slept very well. I think it's some combination of darkness, quietness (well, except for the engines) and gentle rocking motion that helps me sleep so well on the boat. Saw an amazing sunset from Igoumenitsa and an even more amazing rise of a blood red moon over a mountain. At first it looked like an eruption, then it cast a red path over the sea.

Got a good run down the motorway from Ancona to Rimini. It's quite a bit cooler here. And Rimini is predictably crazy. Tackier than I expected though I think we are at the tacky end. A chap came up to us on a moped and actually touted us to this hotel. Which is very good value, 4 stars, 60 Euros.

We watched the football with beer and pizza. The football could hardly be avoided though the Italians ended up disappointed.

We have counted clothes and done our final laundry. After here it can't be guaranteed to dry overnight. Then a waiter spilt something on the leg of the trousers I am wearing in the evening (i.e. not getting smelly on the bike), I washed it out immediately though (they gave me a jug of water) and I think it will be OK.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Blood red moonBlood red moon
Blood red moon

As seen from the ferry


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb