Lost, well not totally lost


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Parma
September 4th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and had breakfast with Peta and Eberchart. I’m still full from last night, but everything looks so good.

We visited for 3-4 hours and then said our good byes. I told Kirsten I wanted to rest, so Bea took over navigating.

Let me just say, Kirsten asked me to plan this trip early on. We typically have very loose plans. However, this time I decided to tighten up our plans a little. The original plan was to fly into Zurich, head south, attend the Opera in Verona, then go and visit their cousin. From there we would continue south toward Florence. Easy, Wrong, before I know it were now heading toward Parma. That’s west, not south.

After Parma Kirsten asked Bea to start looking for another agriturismo for the night. We stopped in the little village of Fornovo di Taro and located the i. They recommend a room at the Monte Prince. They even called and asked if they had a rooms for 3, Si. Off we went looking for the Monte Prince, 30 KM, and multiple stops asking locals for directions and 1 hour latter we found it. It was closed, WHAT! The old man comes out and through our broken English and Italian, yes he has rooms but he’s closed for the season. It’s now 6 PM and we don’t have a room. Major problem, whenever it’s past 3-4 PM everyone in the car is tired. You guessed it, were lost and we don’t have a room.

I tell Kirsten turn around get back on the AUTOBAN and head to Parma. Drive like you stole it. We arrived in about 20 minutes and we have a room around 7:30 PM.

As were sitting at the dinner table discussing which direction were heading tomorrow we discussed the original plan. It was to follow a clockwise approach. Bea responds I don’t remember that, of course you don’t, you & Kirsten would always rolled you eyes at me whenever I tried to discuss the route. Now our route become a figure 8 approach, Hmmmmm.

Stay tune for the next blog on where we end up tomorrow.

Yes, it rained all day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th September 2012

Great trip!
Loving the fact that we can enjoy your trip with you. Thanks for the great pictures and daily reports. Stay safe!

Tot: 0.307s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb