Viva Italia!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
October 17th 2010
Published: October 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Thursday morning, Des and I took the bus into Wroclaw, then a taxi to the airport, then only an hour flight to Bologna, and lastly another bus from the airport to the city center. We checked into our hotel which was only a block away from the bus stop in the main city square. It was much more of a tourist city and we heard English everywhere which was refreshing. Made our first stop at a restaurant for real Italian pizza!! Then walked around the city for a while and went back to the hotel for an early nights sleep since we were exhausted. Friday morning we got up and went to this awesome bakery where Des got a chocolate filled croissant and I got a sweet croissant, biscotti, and cappuccino. DELICIOSSO!!! Walked around the city more, through an ancient Egyptian museum, more buildings, and to the famous 2 leaning towers. (Apparently Italy just has leaning towers all over the place). The taller one was open to the public and we climbed the 498 steps (trust me it was a long journey) all the way to the top where the view was amazing!! Climbed all the way back down, and had some paninis for lunch and I had the most incredible tiramisu for dessert that I have ever eaten in my life. Then we went back to the hotel, took a nap, and went back out to this nice restaurant for dinner. I had some seafood pasta that was delicious too. Ate some italian gelato for dessert, then back to bed. Saturday morning we got up early and got dressed and ate breakfast at the hotel that was spectacular. More croissants and cappuccino again. Took the bus back to the airport, short flight back to Wroclaw, went to the mall and saw The Social Network (pretty decent I guess) then went back to the bus station to catch the 7:00 bus back home. Well the 7:00 bus didn't show up. So we had to wait for 3 more hours for the next bus at 10:25 (it was sooooooo cold and boring, I hate that bus station with a passion) Then took an hour bus home, and had to walk the freezing 2 miles from the bus stop back to our apartment. Today, I am sitting on the couch watching movies all day.... Its just what I need after a day like yesterday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th October 2010

Italy
So glad you and Des had a good trip to Italy. We sure did enjoy seeing Wes, Linda, and Wade this week. Wish you could have seen that Auburn game. They went over and saw it with Mark and boys.That was so exciting (on tv). Just got back from Amy's. Janie and Abby Napier washed our car - the money they made is going to the humane society.So far they had $45.00. That food sure did look good !!!The weather here is lots better now. Enjoying your blogs!!!!. Love you, Memaw

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb