Long windswept day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania
May 11th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6057, 14.374

A windy and overcast day - but pleasant temperature for walking. A massive elevation gain walking out and up of Positano... the steps went on and on ever upwards for over one and a half hours! Then we continued to climb through various terrain up to Monte Comune, which at 880m was the highest point of our walk today.

A navigational error saw us descending the wrong spur but fortunately we were able to find an overgrown path to take us back to the correct route. Then it was bush bashing and uphill again until a series of zigzags taking us down to Colli di San Pietro and then onto Colli di Fontanelle for a much needed gelato and coffe after 6 hours of walking.

The final hour (after the sugar rush) seemed very easy and had a beautiful track through a pine plantation which was noisy with the trees swaying and hitting each other with every wind gust.

Finally we arrived at Le Tore, an agrotourismo hotel where we met up with some other hikers and enjoyed a lovely dinner with everything sourced from the farm (including the wine from their vineyard).






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



13th May 2017

Loved reading & seeing the photographs of the beautiful scenery
16th May 2017

Great blog Nikki

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb