A last day and a first day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania
June 11th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6344, 14.6026

Leaving a cruise ship is usually a sad occasion, with the drag of packing and putting out luggage the night before and usually a quiet last night. The last night was anything but quiet as we ended up in a bar with everyone dancing frantically. The last minute packing therefore went by in a haze but somehow we did it. We were doing our own thing on the morning of disembarkation so we took our time expecting there to be loads of taxis on the quay. However a behemoth of a cruise ship had docked before us and the 1000 passengers had taken all the taxis. Also any taxis available only wanted a fare to Rome not locally down the road. Eventually we caught a shuttle bus which took us within a short walk of the hire car place though it was a bit of a struggle with our entire luggage. Needless to say the large automatic we had wanted turned out to be a small manual- but this is Italy therefore I was not surprised. The boys did some amazing packing and we got everything in. Stefan did the first half of the driving. Luckily I had taken the sat-nav so getting to Amalfi was easy. We stopped on the motorway for a quick bite and then David took over for the last half which was the difficult bit as it was over the mountains and up and down very twisty roads. Eventually we pitched up outside the Hotel Marina Riviera which is a lovely hotel. The double deluxe room 80 we were in is a large room with balcony overlooking the sea . The bathroom is huge with Jacuzzi and super shower. Parking is in a pay facility a short distance away. As it was very hot we repaired up to the pool terrace on the roof and had our first beer and later wine on our terrace overlooking the sea- bliss.

Later we strolled into the town and had dinner on the seafront at a seafood restaurant followed by drinks in the busy square which has a very impressive Duomo.
It is very hot on this beautiful Amalfi coast but I am looking forward to this bit of our holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th June 2015

Is that like room 101?

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb