Final Day of Walking


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
May 12th 2017
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6263, 14.3757

Final day of walking today through varied landscape and terrain and along the narrow paths and streets of small villages. There were so many small plots of cultivated land we became reasonably expert in identifying each crop - peas, broad beans, artichokes, strawberries, potatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and so many more... it seems that every household must have someone with a green thumb - as it all looks so healthy.

We detoured to the small fishing port of Punta Lagno and had a very well deserved panini at Angelo's Bar and enjoyed chatting to the delightful Matilda who not only spoke Italian, English, French, German and Spanish but had recently graduated in Chinese! I felt very inadequate.

Eventally we arrived in Sorrento and met up with both Murray and Martin who had arrived earlier that day. So it was good to hear what they had been up to on their respective trips. They had a horror story about their 1 hour trip on the local train from Naples to Sorrento... too bad they didn't listen to our advice and get the 35min hydrofoil.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb