Coast Road to Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
October 1st 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

___

_
Geo: 40.6263, 14.3757

One thing we've come to learn is that you really don't need a car when you get to the Amalfi. It cost us 20 euro a day to park it whilst staying in the town. Today we drove to Sorrento along the coast via Praino and Positano, although couldn't stop to visit as the parking is atrocious. A very scenic route, sea views all the way and houses clinging to the hillsides. We got to the villa and settled in before walking into the centre (about 3 miles) from our villa, someone's family home with a pool and most importantly off-street parking. We explored the narrow streets (a common theme) and people watched from a cafe eating pizza and pasta. Afterwards we sat reading our books overlooking the harbour with Naples and Vesuvius in the background. Sorrento has quite a cosmopolitan feel about it but still the familiar smell of stroke 2 moped fuel lingers in the air! Loads more shops selling over-priced pottery and lemon related products. Despite the time of year it's still very busy with tourists from all over the world - several locals have told us we are lucky to have such good weather as July and most of August they experienced lots of rain.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb