Sorrento and Pompeii


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
September 12th 2012
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6263, 14.3757

We figured that we were calculating the time difference the wrong way. I stayed up until midnight to call the credit union only to find out it was that it was 3PM Sunday in Sacramento. We needed to wait until 6PM on Monday to call. So we went on a walking tour of Sorrento. We walked for 9 miles on a Rick Steve's tour. We returned to the hotel for a little nap and then called the credit union. Our account was set up to give out only less than $149per transaction. After talking to them they changed it to $1000. Yea, now we have some cash. We walked back up to our hotel and had a wonderful dinner.
The next morning we got up, showered, and drove down to the train station to catch the train for Pompeii. We were a little short of time and rushed to catch the train only to see the doors close as we approached. Rats! But then , they opened the doors and let us in. Hooray! We got off and proceeded to get our tickets for Pompeii. There were alot of people at the entrance, but once we got inside it wasn't so bad.
Pompeii was incredible! Its 33 acres and we walked around for 4 1/2 hours and saw about 2/3s of it. Most of the buildings were built around 10BC. It was amazing to see houses that old. We finally pulled ourselves away and headed back to Sorrento. We stopped at the lavanderia and did laundry. We then proceeded to have dinner at our hotel and headed for bed. An exhausting day.
Tomorrow we got to Naples and the Archeological museum, which has alot of paintings statues from Pompeii.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

wall painting in a housewall painting in a house
wall painting in a house

This painting is over 2,000 years old. You could walk up to it and touch it.


12th September 2012

Cute shoes Stacy but are they comfortable for so much walking. Looking like a really fun trip
3rd October 2012

What's happening in the painting?It looks like they are about to do that lady in.
3rd October 2012

Stacy, I like your hat.I think I have one almost exactly like it. :)

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb