An interesting drive


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
June 14th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6299, 14.4863

Plan A had been to catch a boat across to Positano but the sea was choppy so no boats were sailing. Plan B was to catch the bus along the narrow winding roads. This took an hour and must be a stressful drive for the bus driver as traffic just doesnt stop and there is very little room for the buses to pass each other. It took an hour to get there and we were dropped off at the top of the town, which is set on a steep hill side. Paths and steps wend their way down to the beach. It is full of funky art galleries and expensive boutiques. We stopped at Max on the way down for a welcome chilled beer. We took the wrong way down to the cathedral but it was Sunday and the church was closed from 12 till 4 so we never got chance to see it but did peer in through the window in the front door. Lunch was at Buca di Bacco which overlooks the beach. I had the best clams and mussels cooked in wine, garlic and chilli I have ever tasted. Poor David chose a hamburger which came in a sauce he did not like. The tomato soup was very good as was the seafood risotto.
After, we checked to see whether the boats were running but it was still too choppy so we had to walk all the way back to the top of the town buying bus tickets at the petrol station on the way. There was a huge crowd waiting for the bus so as soon as a taxi dropped some people off in front of us a load of us dived in as he was charging 10 euros each which was a bargain. He must have raced at Monte Carlo as we sped along the narrow roads honking and overtaking anything in front. He was an excellent driver and actually it was quite fun!
Back at the hotel it was time already to pack again before our usual preprandials on the balcony followed b


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



15th June 2015

Now then Tiz, you say that: "the buses have to pass each other this road".So, other than on the road, where else might the buses pass each other?Just wondering???

Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb