Day 36 - Positano & Amalfi


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Positano
August 23rd 2013
Published: August 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

A bit of lie in, breakfast on the balcony and then we headed into the downtown area of Positano via the beach path. We decided to explore it later in the day when it was cooler and hopped on a ferry to Amalfi. Great views of the coastline from the ferry, lots of umbrellas covering the beaches.

In Amalfi we wandered around, visited a limoncello factory and the Basillica. Only the girls went in the Basillica because you had to pay, but it was worth the 3 euro. It houses the remains of St Andrew and was very interesting. We enjoyed lunch overlooking the beach, before claiming a tiny section of the very busy public beach and having a swim. We went back to the limoncello factory right before we got the return ferry and bought limoncello and cream.

Back in Positano we wandered along the beachfront before finding a nice little restaurant for dinner. Raechel and I decided to go back to the apartment via the hill path while the others took the beach path. We had to climb more steps but we found lots more restaurants to try.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb