Pompei


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
October 18th 2017
Published: October 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Well after not a good nights sleep, very noisy outside and certainly not an airbnb I would recommend we headed off to the airport for flight to Naples, last leg of tour, a good flight 1 hour followed by shuttle bus to centre and then train to Pompeii, was cheap but took a few hours, had problem finding our hotel, the boutique Pompeii hotel, oh dear we have now renamed it 'The Bates Motel' the first room they give us was a double room with double bed & words cannot describe the shower area! Put it this way! What is privacy?? After asking to be moved we then got a room with a double bed and a bunk bed & im sure it's on the slip road of a very busy motorway (not looking forward to trying to sleep tonight BUT at least I've got the double bed.
We then took ourselves off to the ruins which was only a short walk away and had a wonder round followed by a walk into the main square where we sat in the sun and had.... guess what????? Pizza. After wondering round the town for a while we headed back to the ruins for another look around, very large area where apparently 10,000 Romans lived (over heard a tour guide saying that)
Back to the hotel????? I will put a picture on just in case anyone that I know even thinks about booking it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_3277IMG_3277
IMG_3277

I think the door says it all
IMG_3278IMG_3278
IMG_3278

View from our balcony


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb