Napoli Day 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
March 24th 2010
Published: March 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So last day of Napoli. This was our only completely free day and originally we were thinking of going to Capri, but the weather was bad and the seas were rough and choppy and therefore was not a good idea.

The day started with an early morning because Vanessa, Lia, Tamar and I had to go to the station to secure a ticket for our night train to Sicily (yes: there are trains to Sicily). Since it was a night train and Napoli wasn't the safest area, nor was Sicily, we decided that the best option would be to see if we could get a private cabin that we could lock. Obviously the ticket would be more expensive but it was worth. Luckily, there were no problems at the station and we were able to get a 4 person private cabin for that train. Yes. The ticket actually read: Cabina comfort donna (literally translated: cabin comfort woman).

We decided that since it was our last day in Napoli we had to at least go to da Michele, the most famous pizzaeria later that day. We walked around the main street by the train station and looked in the shops, killing time before it was appropriate to eat. Although initially going to meet with our friends, our stomachs won out and by 12, it was time for lunch. Luckily, since 12 is not prime lunch time in Italy, we were able to get a table at da Michele's immediately (which is apparently unheard of). da Michele only serves two types of pizza: marinara (which is literally dough, sauce, and some seasoning) and margharita (what we would call plain). The pizza was really good, but everyone seemed to think that it was epic and i dont know if it was as epic as they all thought. i greatly enjoy my NYC pizza.

After that we wandered around Napoli more until about 4:30 when we had to go pick up our stuff from the hotel. We had a half hour to kill inbetween when ECCO left and we were meeting Tamar's cousin who was nice enough to see us again and let us kill some time (walking around Naples with travel bags = bad idea). She had something she needed to do at her office, but let us crash at her lovely apartment and rest for a while before treating us to a ridiculously nice dinner--complete with a primo piatto, secondo piatto, contorno (side dish), and dolce (dessert). yummy.

She took us to the train station to wait for our train which was, of course, 15 minutes late. but we had our cabin reserved and by 11:45 we were on that train 😊 More on that tomorrow...

Advertisement



25th March 2010

Leaving
I love the photos -- it sounds like you were quite ready to leave Napoli! Too bad about Capri -- I have heard it is so gorgeous. Love, Mom
27th March 2010

Hey Lauren, I enjoyed your Napoli post. It reminded me of my time there. My blog is looking for some good travel photos. If you have the time, email us some at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com or check us out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com Continued fun on your travels, Eric

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0703s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb