Isle of Capri


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Capri
September 12th 2019
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This morning, Paula, Sharon and I took a taxi to Sorrento Port for our ‘Capri and Blue Grotto Day Tour’ from Sorrento by Raphael Tours. We met our guide Luciana at 8:10am and then caught a high speed jetfoil ferry across to Capri.

At Marina Grande, the main port of the Capri, we got on small buses for the trip up the ‘Mamma Mia’ road to Anacapri (meaning upper Capri). We walked to a viewing area, where we had wonderful views back across the Bay of Naples… This was also where the Phoenician Staircase came up, the set of almost 900 stairs from the port up to the summit.

At Anacapri, we caught a chair lift up to the top – the views from the lift and at the top were amazing.

After this, we caught a bus back down to a lower level, where we walked through some town streets to view the Augustus Gardens. From here, we caught a Funiculare down to the port again to board a boat for a cruise around the island.

On the cruise, we saw the Arch of Love, the Augustus Gardens lookout from the water, Marina Piccola, the Green Grotto and the Blue Grotto, before returning to the port.

The water around the base of the island really was an incredible colour – either clearest turquoise or shiny dark indigo, reminiscent of dark blue ink.

The day was ended with our return jetfoil to Sorrento Port and the taxi drive back to the villa.



Our last day at the villa was spent relaxing and doing what we each enjoyed. I sat on the terrace enjoying the views, before a walk to the marina and lunch at the villa.

In the afternoon, I went for a swim off our “beach” – finally having a dip in the Mediterranean. After reading and chatting, Leonie, John and I walked back to Angelo’s Café at the marina where we met up with Sharon and Paul for dinner (they had spent the afternoon in Sorrento).


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th September 2019

Isle of Capri.
Beautiful. You never cease to amaze. Must be getting a bit weary by now.Look after yourself.
20th September 2019

Isle of Capri
Wonderful photos and commentary. I am really enjoying it all. Keep up the good work and all the best with your travels xx

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb