Ravello


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
September 29th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.6384, 14.6006

Lie in to compensate for our early start yesterday and late breakfast (cold meats, cheeses and yoghurt) before catching the public bus to Ravello, a town in the hills. We decided not to use the car as parking is a huge problem. Being in a bus negotiating hairpin bends gets the adrenalin going but hats off to the coach drivers who I think must have passed a special manoeuvring in a tight space driving test. Ravello is a beautiful town with the now-familiar alleys and steps leading to hidden gardens and restaurants. We visited Villa Rufolo, a 13th century house, important for its architecture, history and gardens (a heritage site) The Ravello festival had just come to an end and men were dismantling the stage which they build every year ( a platform with the sea as a backdrop). We had a cup of tea and a coke in a cafe in the main square and spent some time walking around the town taking in the views -very relaxing. Took the bus back to Amalfi, had an ice cream on the Cathedral steps and then back to the tranquility of the terrace of Villa Analara to FaceTime home and read our books.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

__
_

_


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 46; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb