The road to Lake Como, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Aosta Valley
July 4th 2019
Published: July 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

After a quick bowl of museli and a much welcome cup of hot tea ( it was now 11 degrees C) we packed up the hut, loaded the car and were on the road by 7.10am .
We had a long day ahead of up as Stan really wanted to get to the Moto Guzzi museum in time for the tour at 2.30pm. It's on the banks of Lake Como so we wanted to explore the area before moving on to that night's accommodation in a mountain village.

Despite the prospect of a long drive ahead within minutes we were stopping to take photos. The scenery in the early morning clear air was just stunning I braved the cold to get a photo next to the snow. Despite daytime temperatures of in the high 20s there was still pockets of snow as we drove over the passes.
The road twisted and turned for miles on end with numerous hairpin bends. Luckily there wasn't much traffic so the going was easy.

By 1.50 pm we had reached Lake Como and located the Moto Guzzi Museum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mont BlancMont Blanc
Mont Blanc

Easy to see how it got it's name.


7th July 2019

Italian trip
You lucky people. The scenery looks just amazing. Not been to Italy, forgetting three weeks working in Milan, always promised myself we would go back for a holiday. Now those events seem to be centred on California and our granddaughter. So you enjoy and thank you for your blog.
18th July 2019

Italy trip
We both enjoyed the trip very much. So glad we did it. Just arrived back in England today.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb