Ski week in La Thuile, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Aosta Valley » La Thuile
February 16th 2018
Published: February 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

La Thuile in Italy is a 2 hour drive from our home in Geneva, through France and then the Mont Blanc tunnel in the Aosta Valley region. I find it quite overwhelming how many ski fields are within a days drive from Geneva. We have such an amazing choice of fields in Switzerland, France and Italy.

We had a lovely ski week (half term), where we were directly across from the local ski field. 3 magic carpets, 2 chair lifts, a gondola to many more fields in Italy and France. Also a huge slope for sledging, a half buried playground, a kids zone with 2 bouncy castles and a tubing tow thing. We were spoilt for choice.

Charlotte was gifted a snowboard and I managed to get some cheap snowboard boots the week before our trip. Murray has been really pleased with her level of skiing, so we finally gave into her trying snowboarding for a bit. All the kids are keen to try boarding since they spotted our boards in the attic. She did really well and is now linking her turns, although she found it harder than learning to ski. Hayley's working on parallel turns, which she has almost got. Emma, who showed little to no interest in skiing, seemed to wake up. She had a brilliant week although still claims fairly often to 'never want to ski again'. She was keeping up with Hayley and enjoying trying some off piste and small jumps when Charlotte was skiing.

Murray managed to get back on his board as well as skiing. He claims to have never skied/boarded in such amazing snow conditions before. High praise.

I skiied, having recovered from my hamstring ski injury back in early January, but somehow have lost my confidence. I am now by far the slowest of the clan, Emma seems to have found her groove. That's life!

We have had a lovely week, would fully recommend the area for skiing. A beautiful little town, a great family resort and of course yummy pizza and fabulous cappuccinos.

Back to school for the second half of term 2.

Miriam


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Beautiful townBeautiful town
Beautiful town

La Thuile, Italy


19th February 2018

Wow
What a wonderful place. So glad you're able to make use of all the Winter sports while your there, what an opportunity for the family.
19th February 2018
Tubing the lazy way

Winter Wonderland
Thanks for the photos. It looks magic!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb