One extreme to another!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Abruzzo » Pescasseroli
October 2nd 2012
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8083, 13.7896

We left Bari on Monday morning. What a change. We arrived at Pescasseroli, in the mountains in the afternoon. This is a ski town. The town is at 3600 feet and the surrounding mountains are around 4800 feet. The temp was in the high 60's. We got up on Tuesday morning and it was in the low 50's. A long pants day for us. We took a hike up to an old castle ruins that overlooks the town. Not much left there, but there were some great views of the town , valley and surrounding mountains. Next we visited the park headquarters, went thru the museum and the nature area. There were bears,coyotes and some birds that they were taking care of.
We went to a trattoria for dinner and some great Italian pasta for dinner. The son was the waiter and mama did all of the cooking.
We got up the next morning and it was cold and sunny. The thermometer in the car read 9 degrees Celcius. We paced up and headed out on the road. Our next stop was the Hilton Inn at the Rome airport. We emptied the car and prepared it for the trip back to the dealer tomorrow morning. We drove over to Ostia Antica, which is the ruins of an ancient city near the river. It was not damaged by any volcano, but was abandoned for some reason. It was huge. We spent 3 hours wandering around the place. We then headed back to our hotel. We took the shuttle over to the airport to make sure our flights were OK. Then back to the hotel for some relaxing and dinner.
Tomorrow we are taking the car back and then taking the bus into Rome. We are going to visit the Trevi Fountain and go thru the Colosseum again. It was so great the first tme. We heard that they have opened up some more of it to see.
We leave Italy on Friday morning, fly to Munich, then to London and then on to San Francisco. We should be home on Saturday. Hooray!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

LunchLunch
Lunch

Everything closes from 1:00PM to 4:00PM, so no lunch! We went to a small market and bought some bread, cheese, salami and procutto and made sandwiches
Stacy at her former homeStacy at her former home
Stacy at her former home

Stacy turned 65 today!


3rd October 2012

Happy birthday Stacy. Have Bob take you out for a nice expensive dinner. Cher

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb