Day 39 - Positano - Chieti


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Abruzzo » Chieti
August 23rd 2013
Published: August 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Walked down to breakfast for the last time and settled our account. Then we trudged up the stairs with all our luggage, hard work! Reclaimed our car and headed towards Vietri sul Mare. It was 40 km's and it took us nearly 2 hours!! It was a spectacular drive though. We bought some ceramics at Vietri (home of the ceramics) and had lunch and then turned inland. As soon as we left the coast it started to rain! Lovely drive through the mountains but Mitchell was pretty tired. We drove all the way from the West coast to East coast in one afternoon. The Adriatic actually had real sand and waves!

We had to turn inland to find accommodation and found a B & B in Chieti on the outskirts of Pescara. It was a lovely little family business. We went to their restaurant for dinner and ordered one of the special antipasto to share between us but they bought us five serves! It was absolutely delicious but there was so much food none of us could finish our main course, so we took it away to have for lunch tomorrow. They had the football on the tv and Milan was playing a Dutch team and everyone was watching it in the restaurant. It ended up a 1 all draw. A little limoncello before bed and another day is done.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb