Isle of Man - Douglas and Peel


Advertisement
Europe » Isle of Man » Douglas
December 13th 2021
Published: December 21st 2021
Edit Blog Post

Dear All Greetings and a Merry Christmas! I am writing this entry after my first venture off the island of Great Britain in nearly two years! Yay – how wonderful, and I feel truly blessed to have been able to do this. Whilst Great Britain is certainly a beautiful island, and I have very much enjoyed exploring more of it these last two years due to the circumstances, it is still an island, and f... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

SeagullSeagull
Seagull

Douglas, Isle of Man
HeronHeron
Heron

Douglas, Isle of Man
PromenadePromenade
Promenade

Douglas, Isle of Man
DouglasDouglas
Douglas

Isle of Man
Gaiety TheatreGaiety Theatre
Gaiety Theatre

Douglas, Isle of Man
Manx MuseumManx Museum
Manx Museum

Security Guard playing "TT Isle of Man" on the PS4
Isle of Man MapIsle of Man Map
Isle of Man Map

Manx Museum
TT Races PosterTT Races Poster
TT Races Poster

Manx Museum
Manx CatManx Cat
Manx Cat

Manx Museum
Loaghtan SheepLoaghtan Sheep
Loaghtan Sheep

With its famed four horns
Tynwald CourtTynwald Court
Tynwald Court

Douglas, Isle of Man
Government OfficeGovernment Office
Government Office

Douglas, Isle of Man
Douglas HarbourDouglas Harbour
Douglas Harbour

Isle of Man
House of ManannanHouse of Manannan
House of Manannan

Peel, Isle of Man
House of ManannanHouse of Manannan
House of Manannan

Peel, Isle of Man
Isle of Man Tourism PosterIsle of Man Tourism Poster
Isle of Man Tourism Poster

House of Manannan, Peel
Kippers FactoryKippers Factory
Kippers Factory

Peel, Isle of Man



21st December 2021

A Traveling Soul
It was time to leave home and explore new lands. We understand your travel bliss. We experienced that recently. We felt whole again and happy. I felt like we were moving around the island with you and enjoying the museum. I'm sad the trains were not running. Hopefully, you'll go back again as it is nearby. The beauty of traveling off-season makes up for many things not being open. You get to see the raw side of a location and that is special.
21st December 2021

A Travelling Soul
Indeed, I felt my true self again while on the travelling road again, what joy! I could also tell you were both in your special places too whilst travelling the Iberian peninsula. May there be many more travels for us yet to come ? Indeed, I very much enjoy seeing the real side of places outside the tourist season, I noted you also saw it too on your trip to the island.
21st December 2021

99!!!
Great to see you on the road again Alex. Congratulations on being so close to entry into the Century Club. This was a fun read. I look forward to your Ireland adventure.
21st December 2021

99!!
Yay, thanks Brendan! I was about to hit 100 in 2020, and then the world changed... I've been so close but so far for so long! Hopefully Ireland will do it though ?
22nd December 2021

Travelling Again!
I'm so happy for you Alex, that you are up for travelling outside your country again, and pleased that my recent trip provided you some encouragement. It was so wonderful to be travelling again. I totally agree with your comment about having faith over fear. It was really interesting reading about the Isle of Man and I look forward to your future blogs. And Merry Christmas!
22nd December 2021

Travelling Again
Thank you so much Lori. Your trip was great inspiration for me, may we all find faith, hope and encouragement at this time. Merry Christmas to you both too ?
30th December 2021

Marvelous!
Alex, I really enjoyed reading about the first part of your adventure in the Isle of Man, and am so glad for you that traveling once again brought you to your "happy place"! This is a very interesting place obviously but seeing it through your eyes may be as close as I ever get to it. It was a pity some places were closed but the museums you visited certainly sounded worth the time spent there -- like you, I would have enjoyed the Manx Electric Railway, the Steam Railway, Snaefell Mountain Railway, and the Douglas Horse Trams had visiting them been possible. Since I liked the Bee Gees I would also have enjoyed seeing the sculpture in Douglas. Congrats on your being so close to a full-fledged membership in the Travelers' Century Club. I am just shy of being eligible for provisional membership -- might be able to add 1 or 2 more places on the list of those visited in 2022 if I am very lucky!!! I would have added several in 2020 if the C-word virus had not interfered, LOL!!
30th December 2021

Thank you
Thank you Sylvia ? I guess it's a bit tricky visiting the Isle of Man from the States, it is a bit off- the-beaten track from there. Thank you for reading my blog though, and for your lovely comment ? I was so glad to be able to travel abroad again, and it has given me greater confidence to explore further hopefully in 2022. I really hope you are able to add a couple more countries from the TCC list this year ahead, it would be good to see you as a fellow TCC member! Fingers crossed for you Sylvia.
30th December 2021
Bee Gees Statue

So cool
OK, the picture of the Bee Gees statue convinced me (as if I wasn't convinced already - duh) that I just have to go Isle of Man. I have previously seen a Freddie Mercury statue (Montreux) and a Beatles statue (Hamburg). Bee Gees would fit nicely in that collection. By the way, unlike you I am not the slightest bit nervous when it comes to flying. I once fell asleep before take-off. I woke up after 30 minutes and then we were over the Atlantic. /Ake
30th December 2021
Bee Gees Statue

Bee Gees
Ah, indeed - from reading your blogs myself, I thought this would have been something that would interest you. Quirky and cool! Ah, I would love to have peace in flying as you do, it is certainly not a good thing for a traveller to have! It began I think when I took a plane to Moscow the day after 9/11. I'm sure there are ways I can overcome it. I shall try your method of falling asleep next time, lol!
5th January 2022

Isle of Man
Great to see you on the road again! I was looking at doing Isle of Man along with Ireland but then C-word striked. I've now spent the money saved up for the trip on doing up my house instead, but I'm sure one day it'll happen. It's a shame many of the attractions were closed, but the island is close enough for perhaps a summer visit one day. Facts for the interesting fact about the Bee Gees, must admit I like their music, and so would appreciate seeing the statue in person. I also don't like flying, particularly take-off. Maybe next time you can get the ferry over ?
6th January 2022

Isle of Man
Thank you dude. It was lovely to be travelling again, and it has given me confidence to hopefully continue further with travels this year. I'm sure the house renovations were a good alternative to travel these last two years for you. I do hope you also get to go on the travelling road again sometime soon. The Isle of Man and Ireland would be great starting points I think. Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only traveller who doesn't like flying! A ferry sounds a great alternative ?

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0924s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb