Gallway and Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
July 10th 2012
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

DublinDublinDublin

On Grafton street
Geo: 53.2789, -9.06619

left Baalyvaughan this morning to make our way all the way across Ireland back to Dublin, We stopped in Galway for a little shopping and lunch. they were having yacht races which draw 850,000 people in a town of 100,000. we lucked out and saw a truck pulling out the perfect parking spot and my superior driving skills nabbed it just in time. so we spent a couple of hours walking around Galway. although we cant really buy anything else because our suitcases are stuffed. Dee is renting space in our suitcases.

they had a nice pedestrian only shopping area with street musicians, ice cream.... Of course and a nice ambience.

From Galway to Dublin was all great highway, so we flew along fairly relaxed. took a wrong turn at the airport (didnt listen to our gps, oops) but turned around and made it to Avis in one piece and no extra charges. I am done driving for he trip..YAY. I didn't kill anybody or any animals, that I know of.

our boutique hotel in Dublin is very nice, but we are 3 to a room and the room is small. Should be interesting. as Dot said on Facebook, there is
DublinDublinDublin

this is where we will get our court attire
a sauna in our room, don't know why, and that is where my suitcase is living, The sauna is bigger than the closet. it feels like a dorm room.

did a little walk about this evening and had dinner and gelato of course. everyone has been vey friendly, but they all know where we are from immediately. all the Irish apologize for the weather. They feel bad about all the rain. It hasn't really bothered us much. We have been pretty lucky. drive 10 miles and the rain stops.

tomorrow is our first real day in Dublin, when we start exploring.

We haven't had any great bathroom stories. I would say that Ireland has had the best bathrooms of any country yet. the only weird thing is figuring out how to flush. every time we move to a new hotel, it takes a few days to master a Proper flush. at our current hotel, the flush is very strong, but the toilet paper just likes to dance around in the bottom for a while and not go away even through several flushes. very strange.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

DublinDublin
Dublin

Looked like a scary place
GallwayGallway
Gallway

this strange spa treatment..you put your feet in the fish tank for 15 minutes and the fish eat the dead skiin off...yumm. 10 euro.


10th July 2012

Loved the "toilets'.....they flush with a lot of gusto!!!! lol
10th July 2012

Never get tired of reading the latest! Thanks
10th July 2012

Gross!
11th July 2012

Good job girls, not killing any live beings. You will miss that cool weather and rain when you get back to STL. We're having a cool front (high in the 90s) Gelato in Ireland? Let the fun continue!!

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb