Tuesday 13th June 2017


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 13th 2017
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we woke up to a blowy and overcast day, no change there then. We decided to go out anyway. We called in at Bushmills Distillery for a quick visit but were soon ushered out when a fire alarm went off. Back in again we had a look round the shop and then left for the coast. We started off in Portrush and then onto Portstewart. We found a nice café and had a coffee watching the waves rolling in. Then we went on round to Portstewart Strand where we could park on the beach courtesy of the National Trust. We walked along the beach past the sand dunes. The wind was whipping up the waves and sending sand streaming down the beach. We watched a group of people swimming but it was not at all tempting! Then it rained so we hurried back to the car which was now covered in sand.

We found Harry's Shack on the beach which specialises in fish and had a posh fish and chip lunch. Another couple from our group were there and said it was one of the top ten fish restaurants in the UK according to the Times. It was certainly very good. We then drove round an estuary and found another beach further down at Castlerock. The sun came out so we walked along the cliffs to Mussenden Temple, at least we could see it across a ravine but decided not to walk down it and up the other side. We then went back to the camp site stopping off at Coleraine for supplies.

In the evening we had a group get together everyone bringing a plate of food to share and then had a Chinese auction which caused some laughs. It was good to meet everyone socially as the weather has been stopping us getting together in the evenings. Fortunately the camp site were able to let us have a room for the evening.

Today we have packed up again and moved down south of Dublin to Camac Valley Park. journey was quite good though a bit hairy around Dublin. Simon also did a good turn around when we went wrong shortly after leaving the camp site. Fortunately the traffic is much calmer that way. We are now in another nice site but can hear the roar of the traffic on the N7.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.357s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb