We have arrived!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
November 4th 2015
Published: November 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After flying for about 12-13 horrific hours, we finally landed in Dublin airport. we get off and get in line for customs. Oh joy. Only took about 30 minutes so it wasn't completely painful. At this point I have been up almost 24 hours. Off to collect our bags...of course they were among the last ones on the belt. Meanwhile Im standing there having a mini jammer. Next up car rental counter. Cutest young man ever made even cuter with his accent. ??? It seemed like a good idea to get the best insurance they offered. Off we go to the shuttle to go get the car. Driver gave us lots of hints and tips including sharp left , long right. We were greeted like VIPs. Get in the car, get our gps. Figure out how to put the SEMI AUTOMATIC in drive and go. So there we go. Get to the exit gate and it wants a code. Now what???? We have no code. Me=getting aggravated. Jennie=hopping out of car to go find someone. Ok. On our way. Plan is to go park at the hotel and pitter around until check in time. Our gps didn't account for construction so only one little hiccup and we found it within 15-20 minutes. Go in and sure enough our room is ready. At this point we could have kissed the clerk. We were desperate for some shut eye since neither of us slept much on the plane. Nap!!! 3 hours later we get up and shower and hit the streets. We are right off of a busy e and shopping district. So exploring we went. Then the moment we'd been waiting for: a legit Irish pub. Mulligans. Best waiter ever. Tried 6015, Murphys and Smithwicks. Dinner: fish and chips for Jennie, Irish cottage pie for me (aka shepherds pie). Our waiter sat with us during his break and gave us lots of tips and places to see. Favorite guy so far. Except car rental guy. Now we are all in the room looking forward to a good nights sleep so we can get out and explore in the morning Brillian!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb