Ireland - Kilarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Moll's GapMoll's GapMoll's Gap

No comment thanks!
Headed off with the intention of doing the Ring of Kerry - however, wrong turn and we missed the major part of it - we ended up doing an alternative route and went through the Killarney National Park and what magnificent sights we saw - absolutely fantastic - inland lakes and mountains and the best of all - guess what - we found our ideal renovator!!

As you can see by the photo - it has the following attributes:

1. Located in the national park it doesn't require any permits
2. Has the most spectacular views
3. Is very well air conditioned
4. Has a great shop 100 metres up the road
5. No neighbour problems
6. check out the photos - we loved it!

As we took the short cut to Killarney we arrived here much earlier than expected and ended up doing some of the Ring of Kerry in reverse.... however we ended up coming back to the Killarney Golf & Fishing Club which held the Irish Open last week - this overlooked Lough Leane in the National Park.

The local hazard on the putting green was a deer!

We did some retail therapy
Killarney Golf & Fishing clubKillarney Golf & Fishing clubKillarney Golf & Fishing club

Wild life obstacle on practice putting green
in Killarney- badly needed due to the many changes of weather here - then we headed to our B & B for the night - a bit different as it's a farm house with their own garden, chooks, horses, dogs , cows etc on 38 acres. Max and Tiny are the dogs, Milly is the donkey and all others have names too... It is great in an old fashioned farm house so we were able to do our washing - out on an old style clothes line blowing in the wind.

We walked around the fields through horse droppings, blackberry bushes and other things country - loved the blackberries - yummy! and went down to the creek and along a road and back - it took me back to many years ago to my childhood and teenage years.
The B & B farm is owned by a large family - brothers, aunties and uncles etc and are very welcoming and had a tray of tea and muffins ready for us on our arrival.

They have given us tips on what to do and which pub is good to eat at tonight - here we go again!!!! Ended up
Our new homeOur new homeOur new home

A reno in the making
at a restaurant as we couldn't get into any pubs but went to a pub afterwards. We sat chatting to some USA people and the boys were watching the Sunday major game of hurling on TV and a man came up to them and chatted away to them - in Gaelic!! The boys didn't understand a bloody word he said and he walked off in disgust!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Golf clubGolf club
Golf club

View from the clubhouse looking across the lake to the national park
B & B - KIllarney B & B - KIllarney
B & B - KIllarney

View out the window
B & B B & B
B & B

Owners animals
B & B B & B
B & B

Walking down the lane where blackberries grow in abundance


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb