Ireland - another pub crawl


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
August 8th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

PubPubPub

Waving us goodbye
When we left Kilkenny we took a locals advice and headed across country to Cashel noted for the Cathedral called The Rock of Cashel. This created a problem as so few streets are named and of course we got lost and the streets became lanes and we stumbled across a little pub where we chatted with the locals at the pub to have lunch - great people and the publican waved us on our way when we were leaving. Probably glad to get rid of us and make sure we had left... however he did mention that once we leave Cashel that best we get on the freeway and that would take us straight to Cork and then to Blarney.

At the Cathedral/ Rock I was unable to climb up to the top of the rock I stayed behind and went to the Woollen Shop - of which there are hundreds here... well you know they're like New Zealand here with the sheep!

We stopped at a lovely B & B in Blarney - great hosts - we went to - yes you guessed it another pub - finally arriving after losing our way.... despite our host giving the
PubPubPub

The bar
boys explicit directions to get to Blair's Inn - we had a great time with the waitress - again great meals and lots to drink - don't want to get dehydrated now do we? Getting back to the B & B was another story but just briefly - thank God there are no Garda (Police) on those narrow roads that time of the night and that the other cars got out of the road!!! No wonder John Ross lost his camera and unable to find it anywhere that night or the next day despite all efforts..

For the golfers amongst you - we were chatting with Janet - our host and her son is a golfer who has a right handed handicap of Scratch and a left hand handicap - 2 - so hope that means more to you than me!! He is about to turn professional so you can imagine he and John had a long chat about golf.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Blarney StoneBlarney Stone
Blarney Stone

John kissing the Blarney STone - will NOW have the gift of the gab....
Bentley at the pubBentley at the pub
Bentley at the pub

Ah the night we took the Bentley
Blarney Dining RoomBlarney Dining Room
Blarney Dining Room

At teh B & B - more like guest houses - not self contained but good all the same
Cashel TownCashel Town
Cashel Town

Looking down from The Rock of Cashel


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb