Meet the Taylors..


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
January 7th 2006
Published: January 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Us & the boysUs & the boysUs & the boys

In the Ocean after a few cocktails..
First off I will say it again that Ireland really is a beautiful country.

After embarking on our 3 hour bus trip from Dublin we arrived in Waterford to spend a few days with the Taylors (Keith's family). And what a top family they are!! Mam & Dad (Agnes & Joe), Nial, Clifford, Anthony & Suzie, oh and Karl (not technically family but close enough) made sure we had an awesome time and I think we have come back 5 kilos heavier from all the food. We had such a great time and you couldn't meet a nicer family.

Well being a Saturday night when we arrived we went on a local pub crawl in Dunmore East visiting Aggy's (a pub literally 5 metres away from the house, which used to be owned by an old lady who only ever allowed 3 people in at a time - lucky for us the rules have changed now), The strand (On the beachfront and absolutely beautiful) and The Ocean (We were the only people there so had to make our own craic - which we did!! They also make great cocktails). The crawl was actually cut short as it was so
CheersCheersCheers

With our Cosmos.. And no anthony we aren't talking about a place!
quiet and most places were shut but it was about 1am by then so we made our own fun. Lauren and I ended up having a really really great night and not too bad of a hangover in the morning.

Sunday we visited Waterford Crystal and may or may not have bought presents for some people.. Hmmm... We bought Agnes some candle holders there to say thanks for being so kind and feeding the homeless knackers (us). That night we went and visited a club in Tramore that had these crazy poker machines and blackjack tables - I lucked out (surprise, surprise) & Loz, Nial & Karl broke even (Lucky buggers). We then went to this chipper for battered sausages & chips with curry sauce & garlic mayo. Seriously one of the best meals ever... Then came the best part of the night where I drove, yes DROVE Karl's new audi a4 something something worth like €50, 000 ($75 000 AUD). What a sweet ride. I am in love...

Well the rest of our stay went really quickly we visited a few more pubs, one called the Uluru (was quite aussie like) where we unfortunately missed out on
Me & KarlMe & KarlMe & Karl

Funniest guy ever. And prowd owner of the red Audi..
a blew between 2 guys. We just got to see the bloody faces and the idle threats "I'll feckin bite your nose off" - and despite our silent egging they shook hands and made up. I know Karl was very disappointed over the lack of bloodshed.

Well before we knew it it was time to leave. Quite sad really since we had adopted ourselves so well into the family - it was a sad goodbye... But Im sure our real families are ready for us to come home... You know you are.. Well we hope you are.. You better be!!

Until London and our flight home (yay 24 hours I cant wait!). It will be grand (a word we have decided to steal from over here)..

Jacki & Lauren Taylor... Opps I mean Miles & Clements...

Anyway since we had such a great time in Dunmore East here are the Five Things We Have Learnt So Far


* We know very limited words to irish songs (despite me hearing them a 1000 times).. So don't get them stuck in your head or you just repeat the same 2 lines you know.
* Money can
What the?What the?What the?

Hey!! Karls sneaking my cosmo!!
buy love. Money bought the Audi and now I am in love.
* When pretending to slit wrists to depressing irish music, dont pretend to die as well as knees do bruise when you fall to the floor (Ahem Lauren..). Although I think Nial helped her... Pushed more like really.
* In relation to above, Irish music is apparently so depressing because "they had the famine" - Thanks Karl.
* Before we got to Dunmore East we must have been looking a bit thin, because Agnes did all she could to fatten us up with her great cooking.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Nial & JakNial & Jak
Nial & Jak

I look so deceivingly brown.. I am really white as a ghost!!
Nial & Claire having sex on the beachNial & Claire having sex on the beach
Nial & Claire having sex on the beach

The cocktail I mean!! Claire is Anthony's girlfriend..
"THE" Audi"THE" Audi
"THE" Audi

Enough said.
Trying the battered sausagesTrying the battered sausages
Trying the battered sausages

We had a picnic in the Audi.
The passage eastThe passage east
The passage east

We did actually do a little bit of sightseeing between pints..
Some cute houseSome cute house
Some cute house

One was a pub..
Lucky manLucky man
Lucky man

Us saying thanks.
"THE" Audi.. Again"THE" Audi.. Again
"THE" Audi.. Again

One pic was never enough..


16th January 2006

thanks
the girls are great craic they could become Irish in the morning cause they drink just as good we miss yea hope yea are home safe and sound

Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb