Tramore


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Waterford » Tramore
January 12th 2015
Published: January 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday a few of us international students took the bus out to the little coastal town of Tramore. It was a beautiful town that sat right on the edge of the sea. The trip started out with some adventure as we had to chase the bus down because we were a bit late. Once we caught the bus, thanks to Chris my roommate, we were on our way to Tramore. It was a short little trip by bus, about 25 minutes. As we came over the hill into town the few of the sea was beautiful. Once we got off the bus we made our way down to the beach front where although it was quite windy and chilly the Irish were still out and about, some even trying to surf in the sea. Once we had been outside taking lots of pictures, we needed to defrost so we made our way down the Sandcastle Cafe where we sipped on hot drinks, looked out at the water, and had some good conversation. After spending about an hour and a half in the cafe and being joined by some more international students, we made our way back outside. We decided to find some lunch and the group ended up splitting with some going to a small take out fish and chips joint and others, including myself to a restaurant in a hotel. My lunch was the traditional Irish with beef ribs, mashed potatoes, cabbage, roasted potatoes, roasted vegetables, and all topped with gravy. It was delicious and only ten euro, which I was thrilled about. After lunch we walked around Tramore some more and ended up finding a trail on the side of the cliffs. The views from there were spectacular. Not only could we look down at the town and the beach, but we could also look over the cliff sides and on down the coastline. Looking out over the water made me feel as if I was standing at the end of the world, where land stopped and water continued on forever. Tramore will definitely be seeing myself and many others again especially once the weather warms up, if that is a thing in Ireland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb