Ireland the North 2 Day 6. Sligo


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Sligo » Sligo
August 4th 2022
Published: August 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ireland the North 2. Day 7. Sligo

Another day of forgetfulness but not me today. One of our guys left his mini rucksack in the cafe in Ballysadare. This was not discovered until we got to Sligo and fortunately Bill was with his car and he slipped back to collect it. Another lady had a sore knee joint and rode in the car most of the way. Bravo Bill.
The weather has been kind again today with a few showers, most of which we missed, and with sunny skies for a large part of the day. Following the coast to Easky we noticed a great number of houses and buildings abandoned and the replacements were very expensive looking. Ireland has some lovely thatched cottages, a number of which we saw today, along with some very colourful gardens and hedgerows. Coffee was taken at Pudding Row, Easky on a bench down by the river. Very pleasant indeed, especially with the sun shining for the first time this week. Around the corner is Easky Tower and a very picturesque road by the sea with rolling waves for anyone into surfing. The worst part of our journey was the N58 road leading into Ballysadare, which was quite busy, but after that we explored some quieter country roads again with magnificent views of the shoreline. An erratic left by a receding glacier during the last ice age called Split Rock was discovered at the roadside with its iconic split. The big hill of ‘Benbulbin’ rose up on our right as we approached Sligo giving a magnificent back drop with the sun on its flanks and the sheep grazing on its precarious slopes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement










Tot: 0.577s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb