Camping Life


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Roscommon » Boyle
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Visitors day. 3000 people on site, families of the Irish girls seeing what the camp is all about. Local radio broadcasting from the hub. Look on Facebook at our ceremonies. They streamed on line live. Guide's Own was phenomenal today. The why that brings us here , beautifully done.


The girls monopolized Boda Borg. Erica & Daphne were part of the Guides Own. Patty pulled together a group photo of the 101 Canadians The clothing order appeared. The food has been grand. Our wellies are essential but yet the rain is twice a day but never soaking. The sun comes hot for a 20 minute stint and back under cloud but hot while it's there. The tuck shop knows all our girls by name. People are lining up for how they can help us see Dublin through friends and connections. Ruth has a pile of family and friends planning our Friday in Drogheda. All those tales of Irish hospitality are true. So are the potato tales. The girls say that they've never eaten so well at camp and the QM's beam and up their game. Bloody amazing, this experience! Now if you'll excuse me, somebody said shower so I'm off!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb