IRISH ADVENTURE - DAY 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Offaly » Tullamore
September 30th 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day one-Ireland



Arrived here in the morning after a uneventful flight, full, with a group of young Irish dancers from Belfast. Was able to get about three hours sleep.



After a small snafu at the airport regarding car rental insurance (had to take it) we headed out with my new best friend, my GPS buddy who I call Bridgett. She was fine on the major roads but lost her mind on the back roads.



It was grand to see Mary and Theresa and after a chat we had a well needed nap. Mick came home and reminisced about old times. The home likes lovely and Mary's garden is still in bloom though the leaves are dropping from the trees.



Mary prepared a light supper, chicken, salad, brown bread with a lovely Spanish Chardonnay blend. Bernadette and Noel dropped in to say hello. It's wonderful to see everyone looking so well and cheerful after the horrendous times they have had.



Then I went up to bed while Pat stayed down to visit and Merriam dropped in. I'm sorry I missed her but certain I'll get another chance.



The forecast is rain for the next three days. Our plans are loose with few commitments. It's lovely to see everyone. It seems like yesterday that we were here chatting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb