Day 19 Howth and Dunboyne


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Meath » Navan
May 6th 2018
Published: May 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

An early morning before we hit-the-sack. “McNeills on Howth” (the Top House ) where we are staying had a 5 member old blokes band (just a little younger than me but looked way older and definitely unfitter!!) playing music from the 1970’s that was loud, good rock and dance music that had us up on the floor. Jane, again was going off, cutting up the dance floor while I made sure I wiggled enough that I didn’t fall over.

The sunshine had us up a little over 5 hours later that we hit the deserted streets and explored for a few hours before checking out a place for a cuppa. From there it was back to shower and head to Dunboyne to meet with Maria Farrell’s parents. Peter and Deirdre were awesome hosts. It was like we had known them for years. Peter took me for a walk to the house his son is building as well as commenting on the history of the area and family. Back at the house we joined with Deirdre and Jane who were deeply in conversation about our travels and certain areas in Ireland.

They took us to the local watering hole and the fundraising event that was underway. The community from miles around was out in force as the weather was sensational. Jane and I took all the credit. We met numerous locals, shared raucous laughter and even a small Guinness for me. The main event was a tractor race around and through the county of Meath villages.

We returned to the house for a delicious roast lunch capped off with rhubarb crumble and icecream. This was followed by Deirdre playing guitar and singing 3 songs for us. She was (is) fantastic and will feature on the next, “Ireland has Talent”. We thank both very much for their welcoming and friendship.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement






Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb