100,000 Welcomes


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kilkenny » Kilkenny
May 1st 2010
Published: May 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post


Toured Dublin Castle, Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Guinness Brewery and to the top of Guinness to the Gravity Room. Road the Hop On-Hop Off Bus all over Dublin. This money thing is a real issue, going from pounds to Euros has been a challenge especially at the bus stop. Now you wouldn't think $1.20 would throw you into a tither, but .... This is for all you die-hard Catholics out there, did you know St. Patrick's wasn't Catholic anymore? I hate to burst your bubble, but it was Catholic for 500 years but now it is Episcopal. But guess what, they still sell rosaries.. hmmmm. We made it to the pub last night for dinner and they had Irish dancers and singers who were awesome. We all sang and danced with them and had a ball. Colleen was selected to do the Riverdance with them and we have pictures to prove it. We ended the night at the pub with all of us doing to Irish Step Dancing..it was quite a sight. Made it back to the hotel bar around 10:00 and the whole group sat and drank and laughed for another couple hours. P.S. we have a great recipe for Irish Coffee and Scones.

Today we stopped and all kissed the Blarney Stone. 121 steps straight up in the castle and the Blarney Stone ain't that easy to kiss. We got to Killarney and will stay here for a couple of days. It is a coastal town and is really hopping. There is some car race here this weekend, so it's packed. Should be a fun night tonight. Love to all, the 4 little leperchauns!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb