Day 5 Kilkenny - Inistioge


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kilkenny » Kilkenny
June 16th 2008
Published: June 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 5
Today we went to Kilkenny to see the Kilkenny Castle and we took the right road this time which lead us there with no problems. It’s not too far from Inistioge so that was pretty good. The castle tour was very interesting. We saw several rooms which were decorated mostly Victorian. Not many of the original pieces of furniture are there but they did a good job in finding suitable replacements. They are still refurbishing parts of the castle. The price wasn’t bad to get in (11.50eu) for the three of us. There wasn’t even a gift-shop at the end of the tour which really amazed us.
Kilkenny is a very busy little town with narrow streets. We walked around a bit and visited some shops. We posed for a picture outside of Smithwicks but we didn’t go on a tour of the brewery. I don’t think it was open when we went by it or else we were at the wrong entrance.
We visited the same internet café that Mom and Dad went to when they were here a couple years ago. I have been typing my blog in word at night on the lap-top then when I find an internet café I can just copy it and paste it in. This seems to be working out pretty good although I haven’t been able to spend any time on the travel blog website or even check my emails. There is never enough time to spend on this as we are always on the go but I’m trying.
We left Kilkenny and headed back to Inistioge where we picked up a couple things at the little grocery next to our B&B (especially some “still” water). Then we went to Woodstock Gardens which is a huge park near Inistioge. Robert wanted to snap this picture of the Inistioge Bridge from up on the hill. It turned out really good too. I can’t believe he hasn’t taken any pictures of the little lambs which are near the land around the bridge. I’m sure he’s going to though…..he’s getting a lot of teasing from me about how many pictures he is taking.
When we got back to Inistioge the girls wanted to eat at Footlights again. It was fine with us as the food was great there the night before. The salmon fish cakes with dill sauce was the special for the day and it was very good. Kayleigh had the chicken and mushrooms in a wine sauce which she loved too. Robert, Emily and Mom had the burger with chips.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb