Day 4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

Great breakfast- a switchup from the traditional irish breakfast- scrambled eggs and no puddings- by reuquest!

No bicycles to hire on Sundays, even though we passed by the places 3 times. There was a local lady renting them, but with the rain and the poor conditions of the bikes themselves we decided to pass and do the drive instead.

Walked for about 2 hours, St marys Church, trinity tree

Tourist board

After 2 hour of searching for bike we decided to drive it.

We got lost on purpose to find the art gallery of Louis ________, where we received 2 vases from as wedding gifts from ryan’s aunt cindy.

Sheeps Ass- a sheep was scratching his behind on a barbed wire fence- ouch! Wish I had my camera out for this one because of all the sheep we’ve seen so far this was a first!

Dingle Pottery

Mountain Top- on the way past the pottery shop we decided to see what else we could find and came across a pull off on the road where we could climb a mountain out overlooking the ocean. Great view but very windy- glad we’re not on bikes now!

Beach- we stopped by a beach on the way back which we had seen from the mountaintop- luckily we had chosen the right road to get down to the shore. Very strong waves, but not water for swimming!

Sleahhead- when we went off our our ‘detour’ we started out on the road to sleahhead, which was the alternate to riding around the dingle peninsula on a bike. The view was spectacular and we were able to stay out of the way of most of the tour busses.

Fortress 500 Bc- we saw an old fortress along the route and instead of paying to go see it as we had already seen one the day before, we used the zoom lens of the camera not only for pictures but as binoculars to get a better view- the money was spent later at the farthest pub on the western side of Europe- the next closest one across the way is in boston.
Beehive 2000 BC, Not paying-we used the camera again to see some beehive huts, where monks lived over 2000 years ago. We also a resaurant made cocmpletey out of stone as well as some famine houses which were still standing.

Cliffs hill driving- once again the roads were narrow with one side composed of rocks and sheep and the other a cliff leading far down into the atlantic.

Damn tour buses

Beach and surfers- we stopped for awhile on sleahhead to watch some surfers attempt to catch some waves. A seakayater was doing much better at getting over the waves. Looks like fun but I bet it’s cold!


Bar Farthest West- when we stopped for 2 pints we wandered in during a televised version of gaelic football, which we later found out from the bartender was a club sport and that the players do this for fun. Amazingly though they have huge stadiums and televise all of the games.

Inch beach- we made our way on to Inch Beach where we’d be staying for the night. It is a remote beach thatwould be hard to find in the us. We have great views from our b and b.

Sammies Restaurant- we walked to a resaurant down the street which coincidentally is also owned by the same owner of the b andb. The food here is delicious. We walked down the beach after dinner and met a nice lady named mary and her dog jenny (we both want a border collie now!) there were also snails all over the beach, most of them out of their shells.

Horses head over fence:
1

Beer:

1 Guinness/Cider
2 Ciders
1 White Wine
3 Guinness

RoundAbouts:
8

Cow having Sex
4

Sheep rubbing ass againstbarbwire:
1



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb