Irish Fun 3/09/09


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 3 September
This morning we were excited to go on the Ring Of Kerry excursion. We were lucky that the rain looked like it was stopping! Perfect timing. We drove off on some very narrow and dangerous roads. At one time, there was a near accident, when some idiot overtook us, nearly hitting oncoming traffic. The coach driver rang his licence plate into the police. The views were finally what I expected of Ireland. Beautiful coastlines and inlets. Many green mountains… although they did not compare to those in Scotland. Not even close. It was a lovely day though and the highlight in Ireland.
We stopped at a tearoom for lunch that was intimate and lovely. We had delicious sandwiches and homemade scones. It was a lovely stop. I had a walk through the town and bought myself some nice woollen bedsocks and Christmas decorations. When we arrived back in Killarney, it was time for our jaunting cart excursion. I’ve always enjoyed the carriage rides whenever they’ve been offered. This one was a little different, as the driver was a bit creepy and lets just say.. seemed to enjoy my company too much.
It was a free night for dinner, so some of us went to a local pub (and they are every 2 doors in Killarney!). I had a really delicious beef and Guinness casserole.
Afterward we went to the Dannyman Pub, which John had recommended to us. We watched a band called The Molly Macguires play. The singer was hilarious. The more he drank, the louder he got. He was quite the comedian. I bought their CD’s. It was a fun night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb