Day 2 in Killarney: Irish Golfing, City Cathedral & Whiskey teachings


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
October 25th 2017
Published: November 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

"Irish Golfing... it's so peaceful you don't even care where the ball is going." - Chad Maulsby, "The Wandering Golfer"

Our final day in County Kerry touring was a wonderful day of surprises which included sunshine and clearance-sales tables.

We split into two groups: Those who wanted to chase a white ball around a golf course through the green countryside and blue skies & those of us who wanted to explore the sales racks in Killarney. Success! for both group.

The afternoon in Killarney was a walking journey with a walking tour through the amazing Cathedral, into the red deer stag "love zone", carriage rides and an amazing dinner!! Today was the day that felt like we'd stepped into a storybook.

Really!!! We dont want to leave, so we extended the last evening at the two local pubs by our farmhouse-house. That's what any rational traveller would do, right?! Nachos again! (they so get us!) and the mystical teaching of whiskey-drinking! who knew?? Thank you Mr William Murphy, six generation Murphy Pub (est 1789) owner. We had a wonderful time. congrats on being a 2017 Best Pub Finalist!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb