Day 7 – Lazy Dayz


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We slept in until 12 pm. Best sleep I’ve after had. After a long night of attempting to recover Diana’s phone. We came here for experiences, and experiences we’ve had. It hasn’t been a bad thing exactly. It just is what it is.





We went to a group lunch at the King’s Head to discuss the shows we saw the previous 2 nights. Nothing exciting occurred, which is good and bad. Everyone had finally hit a wall of exhaustion. Discussing the shows went fairly well, considering everyone’s mental state, but as soon as we could, we all split ways.



After a continued lazy afternoon, we went out to dinner. Yes, food stands out in my mind much more than anything else. I like to eat. We went to a Thai restaurant called Tamarind. It was very fancy and very good. Finding good Thai food in Ireland was something I never assumed I’d be doing but clearly it happens!



Our show tonight was called Sirens. Going into this performance, the only details we knew were that it was going to be audio/visual, standing room only, and considerably dark. When we walked into the room, there were a bunch of stands with miniature sirens on each end. The two performers went around to each stand and turned the sirens on one by one. They had to tune each siren individually based on the overall sound they were aiming to get. By the climax of the show, each of the sirens were spinning, blinking lights and blaring sound. It was one of the most unique shows I’ve ever had the pleasure to be a part of.



Diana and I went out for a bit and when walking back, a completely naked guy ran past yelling something inaudible. His friends following behind singing and laughing and I could not believe my eyes. This man ran right past the Garda (Irish police) and they did nothing! It was seriously alarming! Like I said, it’s all about experience.



Another beautiful, wonderful day in Galway!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb