To the West (Day 4)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

main dragmain dragmain drag

main drag
Got up at 9am to get breakfast and check out of our hostel here in Dublin. Fixed up a simple breakfast and headed out the door to go catch a bus out to Galway on the west coast. Got on the 11am bus and were there by 2:30pm or so. Not a bad ride either, got to check out the Irish countryside, which was very....Irish. Lots of cobbled walls dividing farmlands and plenty of cattle and sheep grazing. We checked in at the Barnacles Quay Hostel, which is right on the main shopping/pub street. (highly recommended). Put our packs down and headed out the door to explore what Galway had to offer. Walked around the main drag which was nice before buying some groceries. Also became familiar with two of our new favorite stores; the 2 euro store (for the prices), and TK Maxx (since its a weird sort of knock off of the American version, same logo and everything). Had a nice fish and chips meal for lunch at the place over a hundred years old and chilled out at the hostel before making dinner.

Once again we ended up getting into convo with other travelers over dinner. This
galwaygalwaygalway

galway
time it was a couple of girls from Toronto and another couple of American girls. Just shared travel stories and plans and what not over food. We decided to get to bed early tonight was we are getting up early for a guided tour of The Burren & the Cliffs of Moher tomorrow. Adios.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

galway baygalway bay
galway bay

galway bay


Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.2036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb