Ireland is AWESOME


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

WOW


Ireland. It was Claires choice to come here but boy I'm sure glad she did! It is beautiful. Im still amazed that after all the traveling i've done, the scenery i've seen and architecture i've gawked at, i can still be amazed by a new country. The countries across europe are so completly different from each other. All separte worlds of history. Ive so far experienced Dublin city and Galway. Dublin is wonderful! The Irish people so friendly and helpful, quiet a contrast to the Spanish. We took some timeout the first day to catch Harry Potter at the movies. And then like everywhere in Europe, discovered that Ireland too is having a massive retail sale, so we all went shopping. I had to get another bag to pack all my new stuff and presents into! Plus i got the cutest shoes :-) That night our tour started with an introductory dinner. Some people on tour have been touring together for 9 days already, so it appeared that we might find it hard to mingle this time around. The next day we saw Trinity college, Kilhamie jail and the Guiness Warehouse. We then made it safely across to the west coast of Ireland (sometimes the road is blocked by 'Farmer Joe' and his cattle!!) to Galway. Jamie you know that movie, U me and Dupree, and how Kate Hudson starts jumping around when she gets her new couch?? and u said that is me?? well i was doing that when claire and i got into our hotel room! then hotel were staying at has only just opened! brand new flashyness! huge rooms, comfy dooners, cool TV's with the net and new cds and a wikid shower system (which is a tad hard to operate after a night out...). We went into town to explore the Irish night life, the kings head pub was crazy, then a night club called cuba. The people on tour seem a more friendlier now, which is good. The tour manager is so boring compared to Janelle who was crazy but at least entertaining and got everyone excited about where we were going and what we were doing! Mike is older and has said he is fed up with contiki so...Quite a lot to do at night in Galway, quite possibly not a lot to do (other than more shopping, which im banned from) during the day..so at least its relaxing in Ireland. Heaps of sheep, cows and horses for me to watch :-) so cute. Tomorrow we get to see the cliffs of Moher, apparently the most popular tourist spot apart from Dublin its self.
Well finally i was able to write a chapter!! yay!
I hope that everyone is well and happy
Love Me


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb