Ireland the North 2. Day 2


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
July 31st 2022
Published: July 31st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ireland the North 2
Day 2 Dublin and Galway
Good breakfast at the Gresham before setting out into the Irish drizzle and wander around the Temple area of town. Trinity College, Dublin Castle and a stroke of Molly Malone’s sticking out bits before a coffee and sticky bun for lunch. Next job go to garage and get the bikes onto the van for transport to Galway. Guess what, as soon as we ended our saunter around town the sun came out and my sun cream was in my panniers. What am I to do? My ears will be big blister in no time.
Disaster. A phone call at 1pm, after waiting an hour, from our van man to say our van has been delayed and will not be able to collect until 4pm. What a shambles. Big black mark for ‘Man and a Van’. After a few calls we got the Citylink bus to take us there on two separate coaches one hour apart. Don’t panic, don’t panic Mr Jones.
We got there eventually and luckily we got our bikes stored in the yard. The Snoozles is a very good hostel, quite modern and clean with rooms to ourselves. The Ladies
European cup football final was on the box so we watched England make a wonderful win of 2:1 after extra time before going out for dinner. Due to the number of people in town the pubs, clubs and restaurants were heaving so we had to split up. Valerie, Lorna, Robert and myself found a wonderful Italian restaurant by the river called Il Vicolo. Full marks. On our evening travels we saw a ‘lady’ who looked a lot like Molly Malone’s statue this morning with her sticky out parts almost popping out into the night air. The things we see on tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Provost Provost
Provost

George Salmon





Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb