Happy holidays from Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
December 26th 2014
Published: December 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas from Dublin Ireland!

I know readers, it has been almost a week since my last blog and that is due to all the traveling we have been doing within Ireland!

Where did we leave off last? ....in Torino ofcourse! I still am finding myself saying ciao and Grazie to people around Ireland, ignoring the fact that English is spoken here. Those words just come natural for me now! We departed Italy on Saturday morning, to arrive in Dublin, followed by a 3 hour bus ride to Galway.

So far in Ireland we have seen minimal of the beautiful land that Ireland has due to the fog, rain, and windy weather. We have seen sheep in green fields so that was a successful moment on our bus tour!

Galway is a small Irish college town. With that said, we went out for some drinks and walked around the town. Sunday was the day we went on a bus tour to the cliffs of moher.....but unfortunately it was too foggy to see anything. Once in a while we could see the outlines of the cliff in between being blown away in the wind.
Our tour included a stop for lunch in a small Irish town....Guinness stew with brown bread and a cider for a drink. Mmm.

We went into Dublin on the 23, and it's Christmas time so minimal places are open. We were sure to make it to the Guinness storehouse however before it closed for the holidays. There were also a few free walking tours we went on to see the city.

We spent Christmas here in Dublin which means most of them city is closed....this meant loads of solo travelers partying in the hostel.

I now sit at the Dublin airport waiting for a flight into Edinbourough. We will spend a couple nights in Scotland and than off the London for the final part of our adventures.

It's short but we don't have much time before our flight check in soon! Ciao...I
Mean bye, I am in the presence of English speakers here.

(photos in a later blog)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb