Dublin Day 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
June 10th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Downloaded Rick Steve's Ireland 2011 in Atlanta. Had read most of 2010 hardcopy, so its a bit redundant. But the cab fare was spot on, 35 euro door to door. Not bad considering the bus for two would have been 24. We arrived at Brooks Hotel, a lovely modern, yet stylish hotel just steps from Grafton Street. We set off on foot to get our bearings. Andrea is a whiz with directions, good thing since the roads are wind-y and largely unmarked. We walked over to Temple Bar area, the lively, pub-filled, former dock area along the river. There really is a Temple Bar, but many great music-filled pubs to choose from. We were a little jet lagged, so went into a creperie for a bite. Wandered back to the hotel down Grafton Street, a pedestrian shopping street with hawkers and buskers, flower markets and department stores. Back to the hotel to check-in and short nap. Talked with the concierge about the evening's entertainment. We had hoped to do the History and Fairies dinner, but they were full. He booked us a table at the Rustic Stone, a wonderful restaurant nearby, organic, fresh, many entrees cooked on a hot stone at your table. I had the halibut with walnut sauce, Andrea found a vegetarian item, it was yummy. The drinks were unusual, I had an elderberry & champagne cocktail that was delicious. No nightlife tonight, we were exhausted from travel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb