Wicklow and Glendelough


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the bus trip...the bus trip...the bus trip...

about an half an hour outside of dublin, what you can see here is the whole city...

Wicklow and Glendelough

 Europe » Ireland » Dublin By Ames and Prudey
March 20th 2007
Amy & Prue
today we went outside of dublin and into the mountain areas of Wicklow and Glendelough. it was pretty amazing country.

first we drove through to wicklow and the area where they filmed braveheart, we had lunch at this really cute restuarant in the mountain and then onto glendelough where we went to an old graveyard.#

our tour guide was the funniest man ever and he loved the fact that we were auzzies and continued to rip us of all day, but don't you worry, we gave it back.

now he wants us to contact him when we go back so he can drive us around!

once again, the pictures speak louder than words, so enjoy the photos..


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

the bus trip...the bus trip...
the bus trip...

the inside of the bus and the side of his head. and of course the mountains outside...
the bus trip...the bus trip...
the bus trip...

braveheart country. this is where the film was shot. rosi, i looked for mel gibson in his kilt to bring home for you, but was unlucky, sorry...
the bus trip...the bus trip...
the bus trip...

walking towards guiness lake (you will see why it's called that in the next photo) as you can see it's bloody cold...
the bus trip...the bus trip...
the bus trip...

guiness lake, the lake looks like a pint glass with black guiness and the sand looks like the creamy froth on top!
the bus trip...the bus trip...
the bus trip...

freezing our buts off in front of the lake...
snow!!!snow!!!
snow!!!

snow on the ground! this was the coldest we have ever been!
mountainsmountains
mountains

a view of the mountains, it is really beautiful country.
mountainsmountains
mountains

they call this kangaroo valley! if you look at the flat and next to the little lake is a grassy patch that is in the shape of a kangaroo. (hint, the head is facing towards us and the tail looks like it is coming out of the lake) it took us ages as well!!!
friendsfriends
friends

some of the people on our tour that were staying in the hostel with us...
glendeloughglendelough
glendelough

at the entrance to the cemetery, some of these graves are old! some going back to the 1800's! the bald guy is our tour leader.
glendeloughglendelough
glendelough

this is a watch tower in the middle of the graveyard. it used to help guard against grave robbers and helped to keep the monks that lived here save. it is rumoured that if people walk around it 3 times holding hands, thay will be together forever. we done it, friends for live, awwww. bit sick really...
monostery and graveyardmonostery and graveyard
monostery and graveyard

this is the old church, some of the oldest graves are in here. bit spooky...
monostery and graveyardmonostery and graveyard
monostery and graveyard

ravens in the church, it is said that they carry the souls of the dead. spooky...
celtic crossceltic cross
celtic cross

this is an old celtic cross that the monks used to pray at. it is said that if you can reach all the way around it, your'e wildest dreams will come true. i didn't reach, prue said it's because my boobs are too big. she did'nt reach either, i said it's because of all the padding in her bra...


14th June 2007

hi dudes...
wait till you guys see the rest, there are boobs in there... only kidding. i am doing anything i possibly can...

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb