Last Days in Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Malahide
April 19th 2017
Published: April 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday we are preparing to leave Dublin. Tomorrow we travel to our airport hotel, but before we leave, Kathy and I decide to make one last trip to Malahide, a seaside town recommended by our Airbnb host who happens to work in the tourist industry in Ireland. After a coffee at McDonald’s (a quaint irish resaurant located throughout the city) to plan our next 2 days, we board the DART and head north.
During our stay, we have made use of 2 things in Ireland: public transportation and our feet. Today is no different. We walked about 3 miles along the coast and then turn towards Malahide and walked thru several established neighborhoods. We were doing fine until we got to the 'subdivision from hell.' We must have walked 6 miles thru this thing and every turn was a dead end. Finally we had to ask someone "How the hell do we get out of here?" He said "Go to the atop sign about 2 miles and turn left then go another three qtr mIle to the signal and turn right. When you pass the school you are about half way to town." WHAT? By the time we made it to dinner we had to wake up the Innkeeper.
Anyway, we finally made it and had a nice dinner and wine. Then we headed to Malahide Castle, the local tourist attraction. Those people lived well. I couldn't imagine what the peasants felt like though. But all things come to an end and the castle was given to the community and now is a tourist trap...I mean...attraction.
We finally made it "home" and getting ready to head to our airport hotel tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb