Last Day of Sightseeing


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
July 30th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 53.3441, -6.26749

Today, we planned four stops, but only got to three of them. We started with a tour of Kilmainham Gaol which is listed as the top tourist attraction in Dublin on tripadvisor.com. We enjoyed the tour, and had a knowledgeable guide show us around, but wouldn't give it such high ratings as some others have. It was on the hop-on, hop-off line and free with the Dublin Pass so it was pretty easy. There was no fast track entry though, so we had to wait quite a while for the tour.

Yesterday, we saw a theater at Stop One for the bus and thought we would have time for a movie, but it took too long at the jail. So when we left the jail and saw a very long line of people waiting for the bus, we opted for a taxi to take us to our next stop, the Kilkenny Shop. We wanted to get a few gifts to take home, and it is one of the biggest for Irish-made products. With the shopping complete, we walked back through St. Stephen's Green one last time to the hotel.

For dinner, we went to the Brazen Head pub for their Evening of Food, Folklore & Fairies. The show was a lot of fun. Ollie entertained us with stories and song about the mythical history of Ireland. He knows his stuff and was a good singer, too. Very entertaining. The food was okay, not great, but better than what we had last night.

Tomorrow, we will head for home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Kilmainham GaolKilmainham Gaol
Kilmainham Gaol

Artwork in a cell by one of the inmates of the gaol.
Brazen Head PubBrazen Head Pub
Brazen Head Pub

The oldest pub in Dublin, and perhaps the oldest pub in Ireland.
Brazen Head PubBrazen Head Pub
Brazen Head Pub

Ollie enchanted us with stories of Irish folklore and traditional songs.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb