Journey from Canada to Ireland (as well as the first and second Day in Ireland)


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 21st 2015
Published: October 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Journey to Ireland


Well we made it to Dublin! It was hard adjusting to the time difference (Dublin is is 5 hours ahead of the time in Ontario). It was hard arriving in Dublin at 7a.m. when it would have been 2 a.m. in Ontario. It was hard at first figuring out the bus system and where we had to go on no sleep, but we got some helpful hints by some locals. We made it to the USIT Centre and sat outside the door waiting for it to open while looking like tired homeless people on the side of the street. We have started to cruise around on job postings and accommodations. Next week we have our orientation on the what to do's and what to look for in jobs and rentals. The first night we stayed at our first hostel (which was very nice)!!! I met a New Zealand guy traveling, and had a wonderful conversation with the man working the desk at the hostel. It was too bad though that a lot of people had headphones in and were in their own world (so no new friends yet). Tabi and I ended up playing some card games to pass the time and I whopped her but in Rummy 3 time. We went to the convenience store next door and a 12 pack of Guinness was only 12 Euros which is roughly $17.00 CAD. The second day we went down Grafton Street and through the St. Stephen's Green Park to get to the Canadian Embassy where we registered. The still had a picture of Steven Harper on the wall and I told them that that picture will be changing soon and the security guy chuckled (Because he was following the election).



The new adventure starts now. Enjoy the pictures of use getting here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PA210138PA210138
PA210138

WTF a Best Buy vending machine in the Ottawa Airport???
PA210141PA210141
PA210141

Our first plane


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb