Dublin 27Aug


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
August 27th 2009
Published: August 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BunrattyBunrattyBunratty

Bunratty Castle - site of last nights banquet
Todays objective was to drive back to Dublin, which has been achieved. It was around 300km which over here can be anywhere from 3 hours to 2 days.

I left Bunratty and took a few pics of the Bunratty Castle, then onto Limerick. I visited Johns Castle and did the whole tour. Another town completely devoured by history and battles. I punched Dublin into Tom and hit the road. Did some back streets and meandered around the Shannon River before finding a half decent road, which then turned into the M7 and up to 120kmhr again. Arrived in Dublin at around 3ish which was good traffic. Unloaded my stuff into the room, and drove down to Dun Loghaire. This is like a semaphore or outer harbour but with an international departure point for ferries. Came back to Dublin and parked the car in an overnight park and went back to the room to relax. Took in parts of Saint Stephens Green (parkland/garden) on the way. Sorry theres no pics again, its a little pricey here!

Doesnt sound much, but i am bushed. A few days here in Dublin before leaving the land of green for Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

LimerickLimerick
Limerick

St Johns Castle
Dun LaoghaireDun Laoghaire
Dun Laoghaire

Harbour Pier
Dun LaoghaireDun Laoghaire
Dun Laoghaire

Rotunda on Harbour Pier (great clouds)


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb