Dublin is crazy!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
October 27th 2005
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Dublin, we are staying on a very busy street and we are staying at the Kinlay House another hostel. it is not the cleanest place, but it will do... Jen, Bev, Me, Dvora, Zach, and jeff are sharing a room, there are 3 bunkbeds, and the shower is disgusting, but its doable. Today we decided to get around and look at the city. We did this hop on hop off type tour. It bring you all around dublin in a double decker, and at each stop you can get off, and just go back to the station and hop back on and it picks u up again to go to ur next tourist place. It was very nice because u can hop off and eat lunch and get back on. It was only 10 euros but it was worth it. it definately reminds me of New York City.

We stopped at the guiness factory (where we each had our own complimentary guiness at the temple bar), oconnel street(the most famous street in dublin), the art museum( which was not very exciting but hey at least we went.), and trinity college to look at the book of kells(irish version of the bible all in pictures).
We wanted to go to the zoo but time was dwindling and it was getting dark. There are pics of on top of the double decker, and the guiness factory.. and trinity college.. See mom i am being productive over here!!

Absinthe=trouble
Vodka and red bull= trouble..

Ok so last night was unbeleiveable. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Ok so in our hostel we did shots of absinthe, which NOOO u do not hallucinate off of it. u just get extremely happy. And then Dvora and I decided to get a bottle of vodka and mix it with red bull. Everyone was sick and tired of waiting for us to get done finishing the bottle, so we had to take it with us. It was a crazy night in Dublin with Halloween coming upon us. Scooby Doo and a dude were out in the streets. The weather was really nice to go out without a coat. We finally were making our way to the bars and had a few stops along the way. We came upon some smart cars... and some people in halloween costumes, a fight.. you name it, we saw it. Ok so hit the temple bar, and some other bars, i have no idea of the names of them, mostly because i dont remember. It was our last few nights in ireland so we decided to make it a good one, espcecially since Ireland is known for its drinking.

find it funny that we did not meet one irish person in dublin.. We met 3 girsl from perry county.. from lehigh valley college, and then we met people from all over the world. it was facinating.

Here are some pics of the night... Enjoy!!... Remember--we were drunk!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb